Why We Created Fujn? to help narrow the gender gap. We are a group of women who want to help narrow the gender gap. We thought about building a platform that we called, Fujn. Fujn means fusion. We did not find the domain name fusion. Hence, we contented ourselves with a word that sounds the same, but with a different spelling.
We created Fujn Because:
- The lives of women are shaped differently than those of men.
- Statistics show women start strong in school but finish not so strong in careers.
- Cognitive skills are not enough for women. Emotional strength and societal maneuvering are a must for women to reach the last mile.
- An ecosystem that views women’s happiness as a basic Human Right instills that belief in them.
- The Internet enables economic independence for all women around the world if they learn how to grab it.
- We want to enable more camaraderie, friendship, and mentorship to learn, make money, find opportunities, and grow together.
- Women are at a disadvantage in all countries but more so in some countries than others.
- 50% representation of women in all fields, Business, boards, awards, and wealth, is a must.
- Humanity cannot claim progress if women are not an equal part of it.
Quotes Reflecting Our Views at Fujn
Below are some quotes that are in line with our opinions vis-a-vis the gender gap state of things:
“Culture does not make people. People make culture. If it is true that the full humanity of women is not our culture, then we can and must make it our culture.”
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
“Achieving gender equality requires the engagement of women and men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility.”
“In the middle east, it is about changing values, such as respect for women.”
Haifaa Al- Mansour
“Hiring and promoting talented women is the right thing to do for society and it is an economic imperative.”
“When girls are valued less than boys, women less than men, they face multiple risks throughout their lives – at home, at work, at school, from their families, and from strangers. Gender-based violence is a major consequence of gender inequality. It is a worldwide phenomenon.” Bukky Shonibare
“It is time that men and boys recognize the part they must play in gender equality and join with the voices and actions of the women and girls who are trying to re-shape society in the interests of us all.”
“Gender equality is the goal that will help abolish poverty that will create more equal economies, fairer societies, and happier men, women, and children.”
We count on the women of the world and the women’s friends, brothers, fathers, sons, and relatives to support us as members of the Fujn community, champions, ambassadors, partners, investors, and employees. With our determination and your support, Fujn will make a dent in this larger-than-life issue and pave the way for others to follow.
Authored by Khadija Khartit
Fujn fuses learning with earning in a fun way. Fujn is made by women for women. Ladies, dare to reimagine your possibilities! Check us out at www.Fujn.us, Fusion spelled F. U. J. N
#women #womenempowerment #womensuccess #passion #womencareers #womenandmoney #womenandwork #womenfuture #womenlives #girls #blackwomen #womeninspiringwomen #womensupportingwomen #womenstories #internationalwomenday #breakthebias #businesswomen #womenrolemodels #gendergap #genderissues #timesup #genderequality #womenequality #lifther #womeneducation #womenlearning #womenjobs #womengigs